1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yay! I have windows that go down again. The passenger side took forever but the drivers side wasn't too bad. The inner handle was broken so I drilled the rivets out from the other inner door skin and stole it's handle. Missing the trim piece around the handle on drivers side as well as the handle. I ruined the little clip which holds the hand crank on the passenger side so I need new ones of those too.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score
Found a old train bridge crossing for old highway 395. Figured I'd take some pics, can I be like the cool guys with trucks and graffiti in the background? Just kidding.

I feel so obnoxious driving this thing due to shifting it at 4500rpm and no exhaust. It's stupid loud. But it's fun!

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a very popular truck pic spot. Every other time I look for trucks over there I see one right there.
You planning on adding exhaust?

gstubbz

Reaction score
That's a very popular truck pic spot. Every other time I look for trucks over there I see one right there.
You planning on adding exhaust?

Right here under Old Hwy 395? To be honest today is the first time I've ever noticed this spot. But it is a neat place to take pics! I have some 3" piping and a Flowmaster off of a rolled Expedition we pulled the engine out of. Mainly only doing it for smog then it might come back off. My Y pipe apparently has cracks in it too. I'll probably have to fix that before I smog it too.

Under bridge/in tunnel downshifts FTW!

I agree! We have a road called Highway 70 in the Feather River Canyon ( @GarrettGmc would know too) that has several long tunnels, and it's super fun. But unfortunately all I've taken through there is my Dodge. Someday I'll take this truck through there!

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well I had a choice of 2015+ tow mirrors or plastidip as my 20th birthday present for myself.

On a facebook group I was told that my truck (from the front/side angle) looked mad max style. I figured I could go with black plastidip, which I ordered at first, then cancelled that and went with camo green plastidip. It ended up being less than $1 more for all 24 cans compared to black.

At this point, I want to make it look similar to the Chevy CUCV trucks from the 80s. My bumper is close enough and I want to find the bed rail things from a CUCV to put on this truck. That would be more or less the look I want for this thing. I could have painted it properly with a spray gun, but this truck is just too beat to deserve a nice paint job.

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go with the green, I personally think the mirrors are better on trucks that are a bit higher. Think you've owned more trucks by 20 then I have at 25

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well I had a choice of 2015+ tow mirrors or plastidip as my 20th birthday present for myself.

On a facebook group I was told that my truck (from the front/side angle) looked mad max style. I figured I could go with black plastidip, which I ordered at first, then cancelled that and went with camo green plastidip. It ended up being less than $1 more for all 24 cans compared to black.

At this point, I want to make it look similar to the Chevy CUCV trucks from the 80s. My bumper is close enough and I want to find the bed rail things from a CUCV to put on this truck. That would be more or less the look I want for this thing. I could have painted it properly with a spray gun, but this truck is just too beat to deserve a nice paint job.

Google cucv II. Thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Reaction score
Got the 28lb box yesterday. I'm still hopeful 24 cans will be enough for plenty of coats. Depending on what's going on in my life tomorrow maybe I'll start, if not I'll do it this weekend.

I'm hoping the color will be similar to this 2dr Tahoe. I may be tempted to go back to a Cheyenne grille after looking at the CUCV trucks. I know my truck won't look authentic, but a proper grille would make it a little more authentic.

I spent so much time yesterday researching CUCV II trucks! Found an oddball, 2000 Tahoe Z71 four door with leather interior, vinyl flooring, cheyenne grille, 5.7 vortec, and was a legit Army truck.

--
As a side note, I am working on a GMT400 Wiki, and I'll eventually get a website for it and make it public. It's like Wikipedia but my own website and no lame ass moderators that revert changes on articles. It'll have all kinds of info on CUCVIIs, GVWRs of them, etc along with every other GMT400. I've been pouring a bunch of time into it lately! It'll be nice to have an all in one resource including info for overseas models and whatnot. Year by year changes documented as well. Wiring diagrams is something I'll want to add in the future as well. Hopefully it'll be live by the end of the year. Involves lots of scripting and **** that I know nothing about so I'm learning!

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can get it done this week cuz I heard this weekend the temps are gunna drop, i haven't looked yet at forecast. As for the grille your guard looks like it was made with those headlights in mind, it might look odd with lights that dnt go with the guard.