1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
So I'm debating. I'm picking out a grille for this truck, do I go 94+ cheyenne grille or a newer silverado grille with Quad beams? I'm walking around a junkyard trying to decide.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That was a clean grille I saw out there. There's like 5 sets of Quad beams so that's not a big deal.

Or something like this with a new coat of paint?

gstubbz

Reaction score

Decided against both. I'll just reuse my Era correct Chevy grille and these headlights/turn signals.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the Cheyenne/W/T grilles from 94+, like the GMC you posted. Right paint color and it's freaking awesome.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I like the Cheyenne/W/T grilles from 94+, like the GMC you posted. Right paint color and it's freaking awesome.

I agree! The GMC one was the only 94+ style grille out there. Some older ones but I don't like them nearly as much. There was a super clean 94+ Cheyenne grille out there, but it's on my HD so I wasn't going to rob it from my own truck in the junkyard :D

gstubbz

Reaction score
So I have some extra things to post about which is not related to my truck, but figured I'd share.

So in that photo above with the Blue 93 Chevy... it has a custom dash. I was told that the guy tried wiring in a stereo and ended up melting the dash, so he replaced it with an ugly ass wooden dash. I'm less of a fan for the 88-94 dashes but I'd take one any day over this!!

Also upon my hunt for a grille I saw this. I was walking around and the first thing I saw was a 454 badge, check the side of the truck, and it's a 1973 c10 Custom Deluxe with a factory 454. Was neat to see for sure! If I ever get a hardon for a Square Body (highly unlikely because I like GMT400s way more) I could probably rescue this truck. It's smog exempt too!

gstubbz

Reaction score

It looks better with the right headlights, grille and bumper. Spent a bunch of time today cleaning the truck out so the interior is much cleaner. Next (probably not tonight) will be swapping the inner door skins so I can have windows again.

gstubbz

Reaction score

Looks mean even at night! One of the high beam bulbs is out. And I took it out for a drive, and lost the speedo halfway through. Turned the truck off and started it again, started to drive it and it came back. So I dunno!

gstubbz

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I actually miss my squarebodies! My 88 R10 burb I traded for my K1500 I have now especially!

Maybe if I get another truck that I don't like, I'll trade it for a SB! But my ideal SB would be a K20/30 Crew Cab with a short bed. I would so drive it!