1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That poor saw haha

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
The hitch was such a pain. Gave me a taste of what you guys in the rust belt get to deal with! And that saw was such **** but it was the only thing that would fire up and I couldn't even tell you the last time we used it. It's been forever lol

-----

As far as my truck stuff, I did pull the black trim piece from my wrecked truck as well as the door handle thing. It's grey but whatever better than not having one!

I took a pic of it but my damn phone deleted it or something. Argh.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Dang it's been a month without an update! Truck has been solid, just driving it around but nothing special. Got my straight axle all figured out, but I need to cut leaf spring mounts and stuff off a k5 frame I have so I can use those for the front. Along with crossover steering and stuff.

But... I did get a 454 through some trading. My buddy bought this 88 Chevy K3500 ECLB SRW Scottsdale 454/TH400 for $400. Ironically, it came from the same guy this green truck was purchased from a year ago as of today. Found that ironic. It also has a Dana 70 rear axle!

He is using his built 454 in this new truck, so tonight we yanked out the old 454 with 172k and yanked out his good 454 from the truck he wrecked. Going to finish getting his new engine in tomorrow, and I now own a 454 for the first time ever so I'm super excited. Traded him an old sm465/205 combo for it.

Supposedly the only thing wrong is the timing chain snapped, so when I get time I'll tear it down, plan to get it cleaned up a bit and change cams and check all of the bearings. So I'm not going to go batshit crazy with this 454, just decent power from a stock tbi. We'll see if I go nutty with heads but I'm pretty set on keeping it tbi. But I do want some neat valve covers.

Yay, my first big block engine! And solid axle swap hopefully come summer.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score
Minor little update on the olive dab machine. The last time I was out there the fuel gauge broke, so I brought another cluster with me yesterday but I started the truck and the fuel gauge in the old cluster worked again so I didn't waste my time swapping them.

The grille was thrashed and broken from me ramming **** with the bumper and the bumper crushing into the grille, so I found a super super clean grille and used stove paint over it and that turned out really well. Dried quickly for sure! We shall see how long it takes before it starts flaking.

Then I also painted the front bumper with a hammered metallic paint which I also use on my Dodge. Turned out amazing and everything I do to this truck makes it look better and several of my friends (and girl-friends) on Snapchat were asking me if they could have it! Seems like everyone likes my Dodge and this truck but not so much the crew cab.

So it looks much better now. In the plans this summer to solid axle swap it, have the axles, just need to do everything else and order parts. The 454 will be on the backburner, will probably rebuild it and wrap it in plastic until the 350 in this finally lets go if it ever does. Has been a tough engine, I haven't been nice to it and it leaks no oil but eats a little tiny bit.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Army Truck, looking good man. Hey if no one likes the crew cab you kno I'm just a short drive away;), u know they'll want the crew once it's up an running, I'd take that 350 if I was farther into my project where I needed a temp motor. There was a guy over here selling some chevy sas parts not to long ago on craigs, might still be on there

gstubbz

Reaction score
I'm not getting rid of the crew cab unless I buy a future Silverado 5500 or a Ram 45/5500 with a Cummins and a 6 speed! But I can't afford that so that's why building the crew cab works for me lol.

And if you want my 350 let me know and I'll pull it lol but not until the 454 is good to go lol. And I'll take a look through craigslist and see if I can find anything! Buddy of mine has been trying to sell his truck, 95 k1500 with a 350/5spd and a SAS. Those are my old headlights and turn signals that were on four of my prior trucks!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean this 95? Ha I saw it while ago and figured you'd know the guy.
://susanville.craigslist.org/cto/d/95-gmc-sierra-1500/6459921581.html

gstubbz

Reaction score
Yeah that's Michael lol. I drove the truck prior to the SAS and it had some get up and go for being a TBI, I was impressed!!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Minor little update on the olive dab machine. The last time I was out there the fuel gauge broke, so I brought another cluster with me yesterday but I started the truck and the fuel gauge in the old cluster worked again so I didn't waste my time swapping them.

The grille was thrashed and broken from me ramming **** with the bumper and the bumper crushing into the grille, so I found a super super clean grille and used stove paint over it and that turned out really well. Dried quickly for sure! We shall see how long it takes before it starts flaking.

Then I also painted the front bumper with a hammered metallic paint which I also use on my Dodge. Turned out amazing and everything I do to this truck makes it look better and several of my friends (and girl-friends) on Snapchat were asking me if they could have it! Seems like everyone likes my Dodge and this truck but not so much the crew cab.

So it looks much better now. In the plans this summer to solid axle swap it, have the axles, just need to do everything else and order parts. The 454 will be on the backburner, will probably rebuild it and wrap it in plastic until the 350 in this finally lets go if it ever does. Has been a tough engine, I haven't been nice to it and it leaks no oil but eats a little tiny bit.
Well duh everyone wants it. Look at it lol, its a big green sexy beast!