1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I dunno but it pissed me off lol.

The transmission in this thing is still garbage, I wish I could find a NV4500 around here. I'd rather deal with the SM465 before I put a Turbo 400 in it because the manual makes this truck for me. It was the single reason I bought it!

But I did get the new radiator in, the truck runs about 10 degrees warmer with it though. The headliner also sagged super bad, so as a temporary fix I used that expensive 3M trim adhesive stuff and it's working out well enough for the meantime.

I used the truck to pick up some of the stuff that flew out of my 93 when it got totaled, but I didn't use this truck for any of the recovery work. That was a Dodge job with the winch!

I took the clutch pedal covers off the 93 and put them on this truck yesterday since they were in better shape, I also need to salvage a high beam headlight from that truck to replace the dead one on this. I would reuse the steering wheel too if it wasn't bent up. The speakers on the dash don't work, so I'll take two from that truck as well. Center console is thrashed so this truck still doesn't have one, although I can grab one out of a K5 that is on the property.

What I really need to work on with this thing is get started on the Solid Axle Swap. I really wish winter wasn't around the corner. The truck for some reason now pulls super hard to the right and I don't recall doing anything to jack it up, but the front end has been trash ever since I bought it. Drivers side CV seems like it's going to grenade soon too.

Here are the axles I'm going to use. A 8 lug Corporate 10 bolt front from a 90 K20 Suburban, and a 14b full float that was out of my 94 6.5 truck. Both are 4.10s, I have a passenger side drop NP241 with the 32 spline input from a TH400 so that will bolt right up to my SM465 (I hope). I'll need to gather things for the front spring hangers, crossover steering, and the rear shackle flip. But this probably won't happen for a little bit longer. I'd love to start on it now if I had everything but I don't. And I need a good welder and torches which I also don't have.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
Picked up a 50" flat light bar with nfab brackets off of a 95 for $150. My first light bar ever, I was tempted to put it on my dodge but I didn't like the idea of drilling holes in that truck, but I'm game with this truck. The 95 this came off of is also the one I got the work truck grille from, I helped him convert his truck to the silverado setup a few days ago.

I'll install it at some point, I love how bright these things are! The other thing in the pic with the light bar is a tbi rebuild kit that I bought and picked up today. Figured I'd keep it around in case I need gaskets or whatever.

Found this funny. The kid with the 95 had a post about selling his light bar.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
**** you lucky ass, I've only see a couple 30" for the money no 50s. Get it hooked up and take some pics

gstubbz

Reaction score
**** you lucky ass, I've only see a couple 30" for the money no 50s. Get it hooked up and take some pics

Guess I did well! Can't wait to try it out either, I have a 88-94 fog light switch that I will wire it to. Should be really sweet!

Theyre bright as hell. I had a 50” on my truck many moons ago.

I've only ever been on one truck where the kid had a light bar that he turned on when I was with him and I was pretty impressed by how bright it was, that was years ago so it'll be nice to have one on my truck. I'm thinking it will make nighttime projects easier with all the light!!

gstubbz

Reaction score
Got the light bar on! It works great and didn't take me too long in the 36* weather.

Truck's temp gauge maxed out again and this time it was for real, no heat coming out of the heater either. So I found out that the hose for the thermostat wasn't tightened all the way so I fixed it and added another gallon of coolant. No overheating problems now!

I went to the gas station and threw in another $50 in gas and already got a complement on the light bar! So that was neat.

Here is how it lit up a sign, didn't even need my flash on the camera!

And of course light bar pics.

I should have taken a photo with it on facing down a dirt road. As far as glare I think I installed the bar in the perfect spot. I just wish the light reached out farther in front of you. So it looks like I need some spot beams next!

I'll get a pic of the truck in the daytime tomorrow morning.

gstubbz

Reaction score

Daytime pic featuring my ****** tires. Have some 315s on rims I'll throw on in a bit and see how it does. Probably terrible but better than what's on there for the meantime lol

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anything with some traction will be better once you start getting some snow over there. Looking good

gstubbz

Reaction score

Threw the 315s on, barely rub. Torsion bars maxed now, front end was already thrashed so I didn't really care since it's getting a SAS in the future!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
315s and you barely rub huh? Makes me wonder if I'm going to have any issues running 285/70 on my H2 rims....