1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
315s and you barely rub huh? Makes me wonder if I'm going to have any issues running 285/70 on my H2 rims....

I'd **** a chicken if you did. My 1500 has had 285s since 2011. It sits about the same as my dually with 29" tall tires. The 8 luggers start a good bit higher.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
315s and you barely rub huh? Makes me wonder if I'm going to have any issues running 285/70 on my H2 rims....

Yeah! I rub on about 2 inches along the bottom of the rear fender. The front bumper already had the angle tapered as if whoever built it planned to run 35s on the truck! You should be fine with the 285s, although they might barely rub with your stock bumpers.

Damn looks lot better. Might rub if you decide to drive onto another car agian

I agree! It's a lot taller. Rides like **** now but that's okay, I don't plan on taking it anywhere fast, just putting around out in the desert until I get the SAS stuff.

More betta!

Much agreed! I like tall trucks all day long!

I'd **** a chicken if you did. My 1500 has had 285s since 2011. It sits about the same as my dually with 29" tall tires. The 8 luggers start a good bit higher.

I put 285s on my old 94 k1500, they rubbed super bad and that was with the torsion bars cranked. Did you do anything different?

----------------

So we took the truck out through the honey lake valley after the last pic I posted, it rides pretty rough! Did good on the 50 mile desert trip. The truck sits significantly higher than it used to, although my dodge is stock with 285s and the roof line is still taller. Front end like I said was garbage, everything including the tie rods are wore out and the sway bar linkage was broken on one side, so that probably explains why the truck had such a gap in the steering wheel cockeyed to the right.

This is also the first time I've pulled these tires off and I've owned the truck almost a year, the front rotors are trashed but someone cheaped out and installed new pads that eventually wore into the grooves. Luckily this truck never sees the highway just some desert dirt roads where I'm not hauling ass.

So with that said I'm now in the mode to start gathering stuff for the SAS! Then once that's complete and it's good for the highway I'll get it smogged and all the fun legal stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

Crappy 245s vs the 315s

Pic from out in the desert. Don't worry we were on a long flat stretch of the railroad tracks! If anyone was curious this is the main lead into the Sierra Army Depot.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Could be my wheels, I have Summit Nomad 17x9. Tires are 285/70/17 Duratracs. They were 285/75/16 before that. I come damn close to rubbing.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Isn't there some type of hill climbing over in honey or is that for ats an dirtbikes only, haven't stopped to look just driving along past it

gstubbz

Reaction score
Could be my wheels, I have Summit Nomad 17x9. Tires are 285/70/17 Duratracs. They were 285/75/16 before that. I come damn close to rubbing.

These were bald michelins with some stock GMT800 rims, so I dunno. I like Duratracs though! Mine hum really loud, as a matter of fact my dad said he heard me about 60 seconds out before I pulled in the driveway this evening, he told me he heard more tire noise than my actual engine. Found that ironic.

Isn't there some type of hill climbing over in honey or is that for ats an dirtbikes only, haven't stopped to look just driving along past it

Yeah! Called Fort Sage OHV, mainly for dirtbikes and quads, there is a trail called the Widowmaker which is a downhill only trail and if you try taking a vehicle down it's going to roll for sure. However there are a lot of spots on the mountain you can take a fullsize truck. We had a big fire back in June I think, it burned over the entire fort sage mountain so you can pretty much drive wherever you want.

Hope everything is okay down there with the shooting situation, I'm sure everyone is still shocked. I know it was close to you!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Abt hour South but dropping off my son the teachers were all discussing the what ifs and the procedure for a lockdown. National news is makin it sound like he went straight for the school when really he was already shooting while driving around then stopped at the school, not saying it doesn't suck cuz it does just news can never get the story right. AND this happen right after the governor passed the law that teachers can't carry on campus, my kids school is pro ccw since the closest law enforcement is at least 20 to 25 mins away. But everyone is gunna blame the gun instead of the guy who should've been locked up the day before for domestic violence.

We could go on for awhile on this topic so I'll end my rant.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your bald tires that loud? Uncupped Duratracs are surprisingly quiet. I have no bitches there.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Haven't done anything radical with the truck lately, but I finally removed the rusty trailer hitch. I fought with it ever since I bought the truck and could never get it out. Tug in 4 low and granny gear with a rev dump did it. Nothing else would! Since @GarrettGmc said I should make more youtube videos, here is another!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Your bald tires that loud? Uncupped Duratracs are surprisingly quiet. I have no bitches there.

It's pretty bad. I need to rotate them and hopefully it will quiet down. My passenger front tire is starting to cup.