Yay or Nay to Black Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I think if your gonna leave the grill something other than chrome it needs to be color matched. Thats the only way it would look right to me with a chrome bumper and also why the gmc grill (which I have lol) works when colormatched with a chrome bumper....

Just my .02 though....

I came in here to say that exact same thing.

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
I would leave the chrome, but i'm old school. I like white letters out too....

I think you should black out the bumper if you keep the black grill. What did you use to paint it?

Plasti Dip :) it's kinda a test just to see if i liked it if i did was going to buy a black grille, but the plasti dip went on honestly perfect. I am going to keep it on till it starts to come off then ill buy a black grille

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Alright Update :) Black Bumper to
You must be registered for see images

By mikeschevy at 2012-02-02

You can tell it hasn't dried yet, but you get the idea :)
You must be registered for see images

By mikeschevy at 2012-02-02

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i think the chrome looks better IMO but hey its your truck and it looks good but i like a little chrome to off set some of the color

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Leave the grill black and colormatch the bumper....or colormatch the grill and leave the bumper chrome.....or colormatch both!!! Decisions, decisions.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Just leave them black, find a W/T smoothie, get it color matched, then find a paintable grill and do the same damnit.