WRITEUP: GM Remote MOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
**** yeah! this is what i need. sweet writeup. gonna try this right away. I had just junked my old remote start cause it was sketchin out and starting up randomly.. at least the trucks loud enough to wake me up at night when it started.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
hell yes, thanks. The keyless didn't work when I bought my truck...now it does!

Thanks!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I need to do this also. Few questions though, what tecnique do you use to solder the wire to the board? Where do you place the tip of the soldering gun? What gauge wire did you use?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I need to do this also. Few questions though, what tecnique do you use to solder the wire to the board? Where do you place the tip of the soldering gun? What gauge wire did you use?

I used 16 gauge. You could use smaller, but it was on top of the tool box... I held the tip on the board and fed a little solder then stuck the wire in.

It doesn't work from that far away still, but then again it didn't even work without the added wire.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone do this on the old square remotes. my 95 i have to be at the door for it to work.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I also noticed there is room for the wire to be longer, would the help?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i did the manual to power locks conversion to my truck, is there a way to get a keyless entry hooked up to that? its the 1990, with no relays in the harness.