WRITEUP: GM Remote MOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I didnt notice a diference when I did mine, I ended up taking it out... looks like a viper remote start/lock is in the future

97 z71

Reaction score
Bringin up an old thread, when this is done, you said 4 inches of wire? Seems a bit long? And there is t a way to screw this up and make it quit working completely is there?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Also do you know how hard it is to program remotes if i get new ones? My truck only one remote and it broke shortly after i got the truck so now no remotes
Thanks

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Bringin up an old thread, when this is done, you said 4 inches of wire? Seems a bit long? And there is t a way to screw this up and make it quit working completely is there?

2" will do just fine.
When you solder (your connection) just be sure not to over heat the PCB.

Also do you know how hard it is to program remotes if i get new ones? My truck only one remote and it broke shortly after i got the truck so now no remotes
Thanks

Did you get this figured out? (For some reason I didn't get notified about your replies)

-Truckin'-

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Did you get this figured out? (For some reason I didn't get notified about your replies)

-Truckin'-

Nope not yet. Also a lil more information,
It is a 95
it has the obd1 or GM 1 computer hookup (top hat looking one)
I have no remote so I do not know what part number I need to get

thanks for any help

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just searched the part number: 16245100-29 on ebay & even though it pulled up multiple listing each one said listing not valid when i clicked on it for detail. Have they stopped selling the remotes?

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I just searched the part number: 16245100-29 on ebay & even though it pulled up multiple listing each one said listing not valid when i clicked on it for detail. Have they stopped selling the remotes?

I tried looking at your info but your make/model isn't listed... I have a remote, it's my old one (with this MOD) it's from a SUV but worked just fine for my RCSB (has option for rear doors).

PM me if you're interested.

-Truckin-