Won't crank..please help me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 98 4.3vortec, I pressure washed my motor today at a car wash.. The motor was left running when i cleaned it.. It drove fine afterward.. I parked it for about 20 minutes then when i crunk it up again it was sputtering pretty bad.. Then several hours later i try to crank it, and no dice.. It turns and turns but wont start.. Im guessing water is in something, but i have no idea where.. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

Reaction score
Im thinking the same.. the coil is exposed, and the dist. cap is the kind that the wires plug into the side of the cap.. instead of the top.. This sux. I tried to be carefull not to get either of them wet. Guess i failed :(

Reaction score
Will do.. I had to leave it at work.. I hate leaven vehicles. I had an S10 once that i left on the side of the road, went back an hour later to remove my stereo system out of it so it wouldnt get stolen. But someone already smashed out the back glass and stripped the system. Since then i cant stand leaven a vehicle anywhere.. Should i just replace the cap and rotor since its a year old anyways?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes check the cap and rotor, I would also get some contact cleaner like CRC and unplug and spray all visible electrical connections, just for cheap insurance because pressurized water sure does get in to some crazy places. Good luck and I hope it's an easy fix!

Reaction score
Can i get CRC from Advance Auto Parts? lol, it shares the same building as our store :)
Thank you all for the help! Sux i have to wait till tomorrow to fix it :(