Window tint help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With tinting a windshield completely, you run into a federal violation, you can get your truck towed for being unsafe (ask me how I know that). Plus remember that the percentage of the tint is the percentage of visible light. Would you want to drive on a two lane road in the fog with a vehicle with 50% tint which means 50% visibility coming at you ???? I wouldn't .

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tinted my rear ext. cab windows and back windows with Limo Tint (5%) over the factory tint so its at 3% total, I love that set up myself. VERY Dark, your going to have to get used to using your side mirrors at night. I'm going 35% on the front side windows when I get around to it, I'd go darker on the sides but your asking for trouble in MN with any darker. 35% is still illegal, but generally they don't hassle you unless its super dark. Law states that you are not allowed darker then 50% on any window here in Minnesota, but rear and rear side windows they don't hassle over, now front windows are a different story. I wouldn't advise having the windshield done if its your DD, if its a show car or Sunday afternoon cruiser then go for it but I wouldn't want the windshield very dark for night driving in a DD.

Also make sure who ever you have tint your windows knows what they are doing, I can't count the number of "Tint Jobs" I've seen done with tint from walmart or a parts store that you can tell the installation and/or material was terrible from 50 feet away. Make sure to use 3M, llumar, SolarGuard, etc. All of these are GOOD brands, that will last forever if applied correctly

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on my f250 i had 5% on sides 2.5% on the back and a 12"? 5% strip. i dont recomend the 2.5% cant see nothing at night

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think here in VA it's 50% on the front windows, and 35% on the rest.

Thanks Chris, yeah, 35% is going to be too much for VA, but maybe 50% tint would work.

Anyone here put 50% over the factory?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I think here in VA it's 50% on the front windows, and 35% on the rest.

Thanks Chris, yeah, 35% is going to be too much for VA, but maybe 50% tint would work.

Anyone here put 50% over the factory?

Post #7. Mine is 50% on the factory front.

HudsonSmith

Reaction score
On my truck I have 5% over 35% on the front and all the back is done in 2 layers of 5% over factory. I also have 15" strip on the windshield.

GAZ7198

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 all around or 15 in the back and 20 in the front ? its getting put on today

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
15 and 20 in front will be plenty dark imo. My old honda was 20 all around

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That's one weird looking Honda.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i do 20% on all my front side windows 35% is legal limit in maine but the back windows dont matter as long as you have both side mirrors. the back windows in my 98 are stock so i have 20% all the way around in that my 88 is 2.5% in the back and i HATE it way to dark and i have been told my a state cop to change it because it was to dark but according to the law book its legal and my 94 has 5% in the back window

no pictures of the 94