Why I drive a Chevy truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I've been attached to my truck ever since my dad handed me over the keys when I turned 16. It gave me something to care for and work on when I had nothing else. But that's not why I drive it...

The fact that these trucks can start up in the worst conditions, and get the job done, amazes me. It makes me feel as if these trucks will do whatever it takes to accomplish what the driver needs..

We got a ton of snow today in the Dallas area of Texas. Alot of it melted and ice over. My mom needed a ride to work because there was no way I was going to let her drive her car, so I go outside, to my truck, and it starts right up even with a thick blanket of ice over it. I nearly fell over just walking up to it to start it due to the ice.

I drove my mom to work safely and didn't even have to put it in 4wd and it drove like it did when it doesnt snow, strong and warm and had complete control, even while driving over ice.

Below are some pics of where it was parked when i started it up, and a few I took before I came home, just to show the conditions.

You must be registered for see images attach

Merry Christmas to you all. Hope you all had a good time with the family, and the Truck! My prayers are going torwards drivers on the roads tonight. It's very nasty outside.

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's more than we got. We got about 1" at my grandma's and about 1/4" at my house.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
We got I think 12" back in Feb '08

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
14 inches, that sounds fun! haha. It never snows in December over here, it always snows in February, so im excited to see how much snow we get then...