Whipple supercharger help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys as some of you know I have a 99 obs chevy tahoe with the 5.7 350 motor and whipple supercharger. Its the one with the two extra injector setup which is currently run using the whipple tronics computer.

Has anybody on here deleted the whipple tronics on this setup and got a custom tune to the ecm? is it possible? pluses and minuses to this?

Any info would be great thanks

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes you can, many have including myself.

Best thing to do as far as the tune is a 0411 PCM swap. You will have better tuning options and an all around better PCM.

The stock spider assembly will not supply enough fuel to feed the supercharger. Most people (myself included) with Whipple's change over to a marine intake. This intake allows a true multiport injector setup and keeps the throttle body location the same as the factory intake that the Whipple needs.

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I looking at a huge power increase If I just stick to the 0411 pcm and tune? Is it worth it? Also is the any vendors you guys use for the tuning on the forum?

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not huge but MUCH better. Many people with only minor mods see improvements from a 0411 swap and tune over the black box and tune.

Also, the black box will not adjust for boost, with the 0411 you can run a 2bar MAP that can.

If you do away with the Whippletronics and the auxiliary injectors you will not have enough fuel.

I have a local tuner but a lot of people here like Black Bear tuning.

Last edited: