Wheel specs for 7/10 static.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wmiller1337

Reaction score
I have seen the sticky, but don't think it is good for a 7/10 drop. What specs would be ideal to tuck tire? I can roll fender lips and remove liners on the front, back needs to tuck into a step side... so what are you hardcore staticers running??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whooo, with that much drop, maaaaaayyyybe a 30 series? im running 245/35 on 22s with a 5 drop in the front and while turning i can't even get a finger in there! I'd step er down to 18s, but if you figure something out all the power to you!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Throw some factory impala ss 17"s on it man!

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

wmiller1337

Reaction score
I want to Dean, but I hear it wont tuck that low.

wmiller1337

Reaction score
There is a truck at 4/6 or 5/8 in Canyon with them or something very similar and it looks awesome. But from what I have read you would have to have a tiny tire and limited turning at that low of a drop... *****, what offset/backspacing are your wheels?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Oh man. I'd think that a 7/10 on 20's would be damn near impossible to drive. Not saying it couldn't be done, though.
But I couldn't see me driving it a lot or even very far. Maybe I'm just getting old!
Along with the ride characteristics of a 30 series tire, (ouch!) I'd find that the lack of tight cornering would be frustrating.
Trying to power park it on cruise night? PITA!
Speed bumps? Even at 4/7, creeping over the monstrosities they build around here, I grit my teeth, & clench the butt cheeks!
But, it'd be one more reason to avoid the Walmart parking lot! Hehe!
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you shouldn't do this. Actually, I'd like to see it if you do do it!
I'm just an old guy. I've grown to like being comfortable! Maybe a bit lazy, too! Lol!
I've learned that if you push the limit, sooner or later you're gonna find it! (mis-spent youth! got scars! pain killers, too!) Even 6/8 is awful low! To me, anyhow.
Why not body drop it? Yea, a lot (a LOT!) of work! But you could get that lowww profile and still keep it static, with a decent frame height, & still run the 20's. 18's'd be better.
But even doing that, it'd still have the reduced turning radius. Fun on the highway, though!

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
22 inch Boss 304 9.5 inches wide with a 20 mm offset. If my math serves me correct then it leaves me with roughly 5.54 inches of backspacing. (Width/2 + offset right?)