What's your sound system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minnesnowta

Reaction score
In my 89 regular cab:
I have a newer Kenwood deck with 6x22w RMS channels. Two of the channels power the dash Alpine Type-S 4x6's.
The remaining 4 channels are devoted to the rear.
I have another pair of the Alpines in the rear factory spots.
Lastly, I have a pair of Alpine Type-R 6x9's that i fabricated wooden mounts for and mounted them to the plastic trim behind the bench seat, below the rear window. I had to cut holes in both the trim the steel behind the trim to allow room for decently comfortable seating (I'm 5'11 so i don't need the seat fully back on its rails). These Are powered by a 2x110w RMS Amp, thus being non-reliant on the receiver, and leaving an unused 44w RMS power to the 4x6's, boosting them to 33w RMS each.
To top it all off, I have a JL Audio 10" powered, sealed truck sub that can handle 350w RMS. It's powered by an Alpine MV500 amp.
Driving down the road,the system gets loud and clear, blocking out all engine noise and the 10" sub isn't overpowering for the small cab, but still delivers solid bass. In scenarios where a bigger sub is needed, the amp can pump 500w RMS to a nice 12" sub .
When the system really shines, however, is when I'm able to park the truck and fold forward the seat with the doors open, letting those 6x9's bellow. It's a perfect party system, able to project clear and loud audio for atleast 50 yards.

Chevy529

Reaction score
I brought my stereo from my '91 so many parts are old. Some not.
Alpine CDA-7892 HU
Boston Acoustic 5.25" separates in factory door positions. Crossovers behind door panels.
Alpine plates in rear pillars.
10" Kicker in box under rear seat.
Rockford Punch 75 runs sub.

Dual Nakamichi PA-202's run speakers.
Even running in bridged mode they are cleaner than most amps. Less THD.
It isn't loud but it's super clean up to distortion level and still sounds awesome to my old ears. Old being the operative word.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alpine 248bt
Infinity 6.5" speakers in door powered by PPI 200 watt amp
C2 audio threatcon 15" powered by Shark 2500 at 2 ohm
Sky High Car Audio battery terminals and 1/0 cable plus AD244 alternator mod.
You must be registered for see images attach

Old 4th order box but you can see my back seat

Chevy529

Reaction score
"newer Kenwood deck with 6x22w RMSchannels"

Could you tell me the model # of your deck? I've been out of the market for many years and didn't know there was a deck with a 6 channel amp built in. Or maybe I read it wrong?