What gears would be best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1995 k1500. 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires. 3.73 gears just don't turn the tires as well as I would like them to. It's still a dailey driver so I don't want to tank the fuel economy. Any better I would love. I was thinking about 4.10s or 4.56s. Any input would help or someone that has the same set up and a good set of gears. Also would I just have to change the ring and pinion in the 10 bolt and front IFS differential?

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

4.56's would bring you back close to your OEM final drive ratio but you could get away with 4.11's. Hard to justify the small change going from 3.73's to 4.11's for what it's gonna cost though. Whether you go 4.11 or 4.56, gas mileage won't be anything to write home about with 35's.

Yes you should only need ring and pinion sets for each axle. I hear good things about Yukon Gear and Axle.

Reaction score
I hear some people having 4.56 with 35s getting 300 miles on a 25 gallon tank. Not the greatest but back to what I was getting stock. The truth in that I'm not to sure of. But I'm going to have to check out Yukon and see what they're about. I've only heard of g2 and arb really. But I haven't done much exploring in the gear and axle world. Thanks for the help though! More comments are appreciated!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I have 35's and 4.10's, I wouldnt go any lower on the gears, but I also haul ass on the freeway. personally for me Im thinking of goin 3.73 after some power upgrades. 4.10's at 80mph I feel like im screaming down the freeway.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I also have 4.10s and 35s. They are pretty low. I have a 5 speed and i normally tow in 5th unless im in the mountians or something. I would not suggest going any lower. 14 mpg is the best iv ever seen out of it.