what gearing and does it have a locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah i thought it was a damn good price too. and yes it is a 6 lug even if it werent i have the other 14 bolt at home and just swap axles

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just got back from the pick n pull again to pull the cover off to make sure everything was in tact and no problems. pulled the cover off and nothing but clean gear oil came out. definitely had a locker went to double check the ring gear for the tooth stamp but couldn't turn it cause one of the drums is on rim. just wanted to make sure it was 4:10, thats most of the reason i want it. i am going to pull the front diff out as well the only problem is that i dont have any tools down here and they dont have any i can borrow. does anyone know off the top of their head what tools i will need? i just bought a saws-all to take out the rear end its just the front im worried about.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
dont i wish i was down there id buy that in a heard bead my 305 really needs that extra gearing cuz its nustless good score

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill see if they got an extra one for ya haha. i got a buddy up there i visit once a month

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Connecticut about three hours from Portland

o thats not bad i usually go to the swap meet down there at the race track with my grandfather ill gonna go to the junkyard this weekend and do some searching for 410s i guess prob cant find that kid of deal up here though

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No defintally not up there haha and i think ive been to most of them. i even asked the guy and said no i want the entire rear end not just the inner axle lol. good luck on finding those 4:10

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
o thats not bad i usually go to the swap meet down there at the race track with my grandfather ill gonna go to the junkyard this weekend and do some searching for 410s i guess prob cant find that kid of deal up here though

if you already have a 6 lug 9.5 then look at the 8 lug 9.5 in the yards, the 4:10 was more common in those and really easy to swap the gears into your housing

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i am going to pull the front diff out as well the only problem is that i dont have any tools down here and they dont have any i can borrow. does anyone know off the top of their head what tools i will need? i just bought a saws-all to take out the rear end its just the front im worried about.

Off the top of my head a 15mm to get the CV axle flanges off the front diff, 10 or 11mm for the front u-joint strap bolts. I think the main diff mount bolts are 21 or 22mm, socket and wrench, cant remember what size the 'brackets' bolts are. Take the saws-all and cut the lower mount bracket off and will make dropping the diff that much more easier.