what diesel injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I just recently picked up a 2 door Tahoe with the 65 diesel.the truck was not running when I bought it so I ended up changing the fuel filter on it and got it running.at the bottom of the fuel filter housing was full of debris dirt particles so I'm thinking some of the injectors are clogged because its got a slight skip to it when giving it throttle. I've been reading online about what injectors to go with. Summer saying to just get the marine injectors which give off a little more power. Is this true?what injectors should I go withor should I just get the rebuild kits for them and clean them myself.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The marine injectors will not give more power, the injection pump is what determines the amount of fuel. To get the benefit of the marine injectors you would need a marine ip. Stock injectors will flow more then enough. Be sure to get Bosch stanadyne or Delphi injectors and have then pop tested and set to around 2300psi.

If the fuel filter manager is loaded with crap it would be a great idea to remove and clean it.

Good luck with the Tahoe!

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The marine injectors will not give more power, the injection pump is what determines the amount of fuel. To get the benefit of the marine injectors you would need a marine ip. Stock injectors will flow more then enough. Be sure to get Bosch stanadyne or Delphi injectors and have then pop tested and set to around 2300psi.

If the fuel filter manager is loaded with crap it would be a great idea to remove and clean it.

Good luck with the Tahoe!
Awesome thanks for the info. What does setting to 2300 psi do and how do they set them?