What are these 3 items ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_W_B

Reaction score
(1988 Chevy C1500, 350ci, 5.7L, TBI)
Can you guys tell me what these 3 items are and do ?

1. The first (left) one is some kind of senser on the driver side just behind number 1 cylinder, in between the 2 spark plugs.
2. The second (middle) one is located at rear of engine just behind intake manifold (manifold removed).
3. The last (right) one is right above the oil filter. It is connected in the block at the top of the oil filter.

I "think" #3 is the oil pressure sending unit. I have no idea what the other two are.

Attachments

• WhatsThis3.jpg
    WhatsThis3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 41
  • WhatIsThis.jpg
    WhatIsThis.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 44
  • WhatsThis2.jpg
    WhatsThis2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 47

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first one is the temp sender for the temp gauge, the second one is a low oil pressure switch for the fuel pump, & the third one is the oil pressure sender for the oil pressure gauge.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The first one is the temp sender for the temp gauge, the second one is a low oil pressure switch for the fuel pump, & the third one is the oil pressure sender for the oil pressure gauge.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

R_W_B

Reaction score

Ah ok so there are 2 oil pressure senders, and one is dedicated for the fuel pump only. Now on the one between the plugs, I'm kinda confused again since I though this one on the intake manifold next to the thermostat housing, was the temp sender ?

Attachments

• 9f_WaterTempSensor.jpg
    9f_WaterTempSensor.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also 88+89 truck's used 2 oil pressure senders, 1 for the oil pressure gauge and 1 like mentioned above for the dummy light, I have modified a couple pre 90 model's to use the 1990+ sender which combines the 2 in to 1 unit, it requires the 90+ sender and wiring pigtail.

R_W_B

Reaction score
Also 88+89 truck's used 2 oil pressure senders, 1 for the oil pressure gauge and 1 like mentioned above for the dummy light, I have modified a couple pre 90 model's to use the 1990+ sender which combines the 2 in to 1 unit, it requires the 90+ sender and wiring pigtail.

Thanks for the excellent data. BTW this site does not notify my email of replies. I have double checked my profiles settings for correct email address and notification status to "instant email" but I have never gotten one email notice from this forum. Does anybody else have this problem ?

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will only email you if you are subscribed threads. You can change what "subscribes" you to a thread to posting and it will email you then.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

My truck only has the 1 sensor I bought it that way