Well f**k me running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
:shrug:

back on topic

I still am leaning towards valve issue, warped head, leaking intake manifold area.

Warped head would be producing copious amounts of smoke of at least one color.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp they called today wanting to know what all I had done, if anything, to the fuel system. It is still holding at HIGH pressure (right around 16 PSI) when it should be 9-13 PSI. This is causing terrible spray patterns and some leaking. I'm pretty confident the FPR is good, I just replaced the diaphragm and the symptoms I'm dealing with were the same before the TB rebuild. What could cause HIGH fuel pressure?

I once got the fuel lines mixed up when putting new ones on, got them swapped mid stream somehow. My truck ran high idle psi around 14-15 and would drop when throttle was pushed. Adjusting the FPR made no difference. Now my truck still ran fine, but would vapor lock after about 20min of driving if the fuel cap was tightened down.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
They are leaning away from a major valve or head issue since it runs so well down the road. They seem pretty convinced its an overfueling issue, which makes sense to me. Too much fuel on a cold engine will make it run like ****, and at warm idle can create problems.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Called them today, they have one guy working on it currently and another coming in Wednesday if this one doesn't figure out and they are going to put their heads together on it. Has them admittedly stumped.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I still vote you just come get my boat anchor once its out.