Well f**k me running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Sounds like they have a plan............hopefully this will straighten this out.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I doubt just 16 psi would cause the injectors to leak, when researching mobs for my tbi 89 I read that with vortec heads, cam, and exhaust I should be around 18 psi to push close to 350hp. To get near 400 18psi on 454 injectors.

I agree that stock it should be between 9-13, a steady 12 is ideal. Could be fuel related, but I doubt just 16 psi would do it...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I've read on FSC that a truck can get pissy if its over 12-12.5 on a stock motor. If you have the power to burn the fuel then higher pressure are ok, I'm honestly not sure how it works.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That makes sense, but I don't see how a few mods could make the injector "not" leak is all I'm saying. If the injector is leaking and has erratic spray pattern I don't see how that could be high pressure related.

:shrug:

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Haha well I replaced the injectors with Delphi ones and its the same problem, its acting the exact same way. I have no idea.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you put together right?
i know when putting my injector back togethr, the first time i had some peices put in in wrong order, didnt make a good seal, so when you reved, gas sprayed everywhere, took back apart looked at diagram agaian, and reasembled, and it was fine

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I re-did the injectors once because the passenger was leaking. Now it is again. I told the shop to go through the top end of the throttle body, the pod and FPR, and check for errors. But it really is pretty simple, who knows. I just want them to fix it!