Weird sound coming from my truck suddenly...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so my truck was perfect yesterday. I parked it, bolted in my clutch pedal (preparing for when I actually do swap it) and didn't drive it until this morning...now as of this morning it has this weird sound at low speeds. I can feel it in my foot when it happens. Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the fan area, sometimes from the front right wheel but most of the time it sounds and feels like its coming from the back of the engine or in the transmission tunnel area....sometimes it sounds like a clunk but most of the time it almost sounds like when you put a playing card in the spokes of your bike when you were a kid....its almost like a metallic rubbing sound or like the fan is hitting something but it goes along with the speed of the truck not RPMs.... when you slow down from 10mph to a stop, it sounds like a groan and the sound/pitch slows down with the truck. When you stop it stops. I've never heard it before. I Know I do have a loose sway bar end link that moves up and down sometimes but that's been loose for quite some time....any ideas? It didn't do anything before I parked it and bolted in my clutch pedal! I didn't do anything to the engine other than take off the air cleaner to remove the cruise control cable...