water Leak in Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok since we are admitting to sleazy fixes now I have one to show. When I found the foam seal between the heater and cowl had failed in my truck I did a temp fix that has lasted three years so far. I covered the air intakes on the passenger side so all air comes in the drivers side and all water runs out that way also. no leaks so far. A piece of plastic antifreeze jug sealed with strip caulk.
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:lol: Reminds me of the episode of Roadkill where they weld some street signs into the floor of a Buick to repair the Flintstone holes.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
:lol: Reminds me of the episode of Roadkill where they weld some street signs into the floor of a Buick to repair the Flintstone holes.

I just seen an episode today with that in it lol roadkill extra on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puttssee

Reaction score
Thanks for all your suggestions. Had to tarp her until the rain quits. I have to deal with mold on the inside now. I have a red leather interior and mold has started to grow. Looks very bad.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Puttssee: I live in Vancouver as well, and had a minor leak into the right side of the cab. I removed the rubber drip rail above both doors, cleaned thoroughly, then cleaned the body metal, and re-installed them. I cleaned both door gaskets, very thoroughly as well. Then, I removed the plastic trim pieces on the cowl, and cleaned up in that area, then re-installed the trim with sealer on each screw thread. Finally, I removed and cleaned three drains on the firewall, accessible from the engine compartment. One on each side is kind of a sheet metal box, removed them and cleaned out, then reinstalled. The other drain is a kind of rubber letter L on the passenger side of the firewall that drains the heater and air conditioner boxes.

No leaks since, and yes, we've had really bad rain.

Puttssee

Reaction score
Thanks
I saw the sun today. Will give it a shot this week-end.
Thanks