VSS wiring diagram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Check the pigtail... We've seen them go out a lot. The wire pulls apart from inside the insulation. That, and the speed buffer. It's a little white box behind the glove box. The VSS wires to that box. Then sends the signal to the cruise, ECM, and dash. Make sure u have 12 volts goin to that buffer. The buffer goes out a lot also. If it won't shift, the problem will lie between the sensor to the buffer, or buffer to the ECM. Need any info let me know I can email you the diagram. If you have an ohm meter, tracking the problem won't take long.
I've gottta pigtail to start with then ill go from there

1993 4L60e Trans Wiring diagram including VSS:
http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/wiringdiagrams/1993%20GMC%20Yukon/Fig%2012%205.7L%20Vin%20K%20Transmission%20Circuit%204L60E.pdf

it's for a yukon, but should be the same setup on a pickup. if you want to look around at other diagrams that might help I keep what I have collected here:
http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/wiringdiagrams/wiringdiagrams.html

Thanks I always forget about your site but Ill be registered on it by the end of the day

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Update I have found the easy way to troubleshoot this issue!!!!! unplug the big plug from the drac and get the ass of your truck in the air. Use a voltmeter or multimeter ant check the plug. Put the truck in drive and hit the gas check for AC current not DC if you dont have ac crrent its in the wiring. If you do have ac current its the drac. or your loosing it between the drac and the ecm

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
oh also I noticed a lil puddle under the truck yesterday the new vss didnt seal good anyone have any pointers on this?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
still no good got the vss sealed...ground checked good....ac current to drac......replaced drac.....head is stumped...Ive got to be loosing somewere afte the drac.....could ecm be bad????? wonder if a wire could had gotten pulled out were they go into the plug for the cluster?.. I also checked over the wiring as well and cant find any bad spots. Im stumped

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Scratch previous post thanks to a lil help from draggin and talkin to a buddy from the gm dealership I think its the gear that vss reads Ill know for sure later today