Vipers 94 K1500 5.7 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I started a thread over in the Maintenance section for some idling help - and came to the conclusion I should start my own build thread, since we all know projects are fun :)

I posted this over at FSC a few months ago, but then their forum would not let me post pictures - so here it is from FSC dated 6/19/11

"So I picked up a 94 Chevy K1500 with 162k miles, recently built transmission and engine has always been serviced regularly. It was in decent shape when I got it, just needed some TLC. I drove 120miles (one way) to see it, and it took the drive back excellent!

Here are some pictures. It needs the usual cab corners, rockers, and lower bed panels - but I am replacing the entire bed as I found a deal for one locally. I do need shackle mounts, and finish the exhaust. It ends right at the axle. Also, does anyone know the piece that connects to the bottom of the shackle mount? I did not get a picture of it, but I believe its the perch (altho all the perchs I found on Jegs look nothing like it. Its an "L" shap bracket that connects to the bottom of the shackle mount)

But for $800, I can't complain.

When I picked it up (wooden sides and the bed was full of scrap metal)-- sorry its small, cellphone took a small picture for some reason

You must be registered for see images

After a little cleaning --

Plans to do to it -

Headers, and full exhaust
Intake
3" body lift
Replace cab corners, rockers , and bed
Paint it metallic black (color still a work in progress)
I have new wheels to put on too.
Suspension lift will be before winter I hope, otherwise after winter I will get to it.

I have the cab corners and rockers on their way, should be here in a week or so."

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dated 6-29-11 from FSC

So I got the cab corners and rockers done. I did some spot welds to hold them in, and much more solid then before hand. It looks like the previous owner just riveted on some sheet metal to cover it up, never cut out the rusted area or anything.

Passenger Side Before

Passenger Side Cut-out

Passenger Side Welded in

Drivers Side Welded in

The drivers side was the same as the passenger side, I only got a finished picture of it. So all I have left is to feather it in. The primer spots are just were I sanded everything down and primed so it wouldn't rust.

I am getting some new line for the brakes, and fuel lines, new sending unit too. Figured I would replace them since the bed is still off. Also getting new Skyjacker shocks from Summit tomorrow :D.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are updated pictures as of last week -

If weather is nice later I will grab better pictures with my camera.

Also - I need to replace a CV axle, and torsion bars. The bars are pretty well gone, cranked all the ways up and the truck just sits level.

I plan on doing the 3" body lift before the snow comes, so within a month. I have read many threads and it seems easy enough to do. I also had to order new cab mounts - as the passenger side rear mount is 1/2" lower then the others. I ordered Prothane mounts, from the reviews it sounds like a good option. I have new doors which will go on next year, after winter, and hopefully finish the body work, and install a 6" lift (looking for a Cepek lift)

Also ordered new mirrors for the doors, I wanted to get the tow mirrors but due to Irene I had to replace $2500 worth of tools which got flooded, so the mirrors I got are just like the stock black ones that bolt to the door - not like the style thats on the truck now.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I have finally gotten her all put back together - here are a few pictures taken Monday night -

Yes that's a strap holding in the small toolbox, just until I can get a toolbox that fits. I also need a few last minute things like a tail gate, and the new doors. The new doors I have but I am waiting until after winter to put them on just in case anything happens this winter in terms of damage.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well here is an updated picture. All together and running good. I am at a lost about rims tho, I would like to get new ones for summer time but I am not looking for anything that tires would drain my wallet out. I would like something around 18" rims, not sure if stock newer chevy truck rims would fit or not - or trailblazer rims possibly?

Anyone have suggestions feel free to message me :)

You must be registered for see images attach