Vibration when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took my truck in to have the left rear brake checked. That wheel was occasionally locking up during slow speed left turns, and I could hear what I thought was the pad dragging. I have also noticed a sound from the rear brakes when I was riding slowly alongside a wall or similar. It sounded like pebbles were in there rattling around.

The shop said they inspected the brakes and there weren't any problems. I picked it up the other night but never got above 30 or so because of traffic. Went to Lowe's today and noticed that when braking above 40, there is a vibration that gets worse the harder I brake. It isn't the front - no wheel shimmy at all. The truck drives smooth as silk, so I'm pretty certain they did something during the inspection.

My plan is to take the back wheel off and then remove the rotor, just to see if everything looks OK visually. Any other ideas on things to check?