Valve covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey yall, I'm in the process of removing my valve covers.. I have the passenger side off but not the driver side. It's hung up on the mounting bracket for the Ac compressor! How might I go about taking this bracket off? I have the two bolts in the front of it off but I can't find any other ones because it's still on there!! Need help soon cause she's snowing out and Im cold. Thanks!

Ps: trucks a 96 silvy with/vortec 350

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It should come off without removing a/c brackets. Mine did. I remember it being tight but I never removed any brackets from the front of the motor.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well there's nothing more catching on it becides that..
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
oooh driverside, not ac the whole bracket has to be looseed up to get the drivers cover off. theres two or three on the front bolted to the heads, and two down low one facing towards the inner fender and one faceing the front of the truck.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i have the comrpessor allready off but not the bracket.. i have the two bolts off the front of it but i cant find the other ones its so dirtty but ill keep looking!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
there all the way at the bottom they arent inside the alumnuim serpentine bracket theres actually a steel bracket bolted to the aluminum one and there on that.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there all the way at the bottom they arent inside the alumnuim serpentine bracket theres actually a steel bracket bolted to the aluminum one and there on that.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I found the two bolts you said! I just don't know the size of them (tried different wrenches but none of them seemed to be right?) so do you know the size they are supposed to be? And also what are some tricks as too getting at those bolts I am having one hell of a time. If you could help some more that would be awesome