Uninstalled Dash pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to take out my dash on my 97 Chevy to do a MAJOR stereo upgrade ...
Is there any body out there that has any pics of their later model GMT400 with out their dash uninstalled ???
The main thing I need pics of is the Firewall area ... and its components ...
If you do, would you please post them here so I can have sort of a reference when I get started on mine ...

We are going to build custom enclosures for a 5.25" component set for the left and right sides and also a center channel ...
Yes, we are doing this to a 97/98 dash ... interesting huh ...
The enclosures need to be approximately 1 cubic foot each (left/right/center) for this to work ... So there is no telling what I'm going to have to cut out of the firewall / under the dash components to make this work according to plan ...

I've seen a few on here somewhere, but I can not find them ... So please, post them up for me !!!
Also, if you have any suggestions on how to get this dash out and back in fairly easy (tricks and tips) ... please let me know, I'm going to need all the help I can get here ...

Thank you GMT400
Randal

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my '92 without the dash in place. There isn't any difference back there with the exception of the ECM. Your ECM is in the engine compartment.
Having my dash off, I can't see how there is going to be room to do what you are looking to do. Ducting for the A/C, wiring etc. will all be in the way.

Attachments

• WP_000000.jpg
    WP_000000.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 51

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found one in random pics ...
attachment.php

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is an 88-94.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing ... and the actual Fire wall should be the same ... Correct ??
But after athe work we did this weekend, I think we have a game plan ... Just not the way I had origionally planned ...
Besides, what project ever works out exactly as planned ???

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Buddy sent me these of his 95

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Hope that helps some....