turbo 400 into a vortec truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it has a "built" 4l60 in it. Its Will Cotopolis old monster trans that on him 2x so i traded an extra set of impact sockets for it. Tore it apart and put a new set of clutches and a few other parts that out and it lasted 300 miles before it makes a nice grinding noise in reverse.

Reason I put that trans in was my original trans took a and starting whining really bad after it lost the fluid 2x, second time on the highway, from a cooler line that had come off.

Im getting tired of the stupid 4l60 in the truck, turbo 400 is basic and simple and will hold just as much as a stock 4l60 does and cheaper to rebuild. Im aware it has no overdrive. The truck has 4.56 gears, currently on junk 35s but had planned on sas it and running bigger tires but not sure thats gonna happen anytime soon.

I was looking insight on what transfer cases would work, not sure if I am gonna run a driver side tcase and get the stock 4wd to work, or swap a passenger drop tcase for when I do solid axle it. Also seeing what all is needed to get everything to work properly, motor running right, trans shift right etc

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Np241 will work as long as you swap/have a xfer case with a 32 spline input, if your planning to sas a 208/205 would work with a gm axle , and come already bolted to the 400,

For the 400 to work all you need to do is tap into the intake manifold for a vacuum source for the tranny to shift, stock linkage should work, only difference would be that (D) is now D, D is 2nd, and 2nd would be first on your dash