Trying to level out the Previous Owners mistake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
I'll keep it short and sweet. Just picked up a 1993 Silverado. Previous owner added a leaf to the rear but didn't do anything to the front of the truck so it has a weird uneven stance. I've read you can crank your torsion keys slightly, so more or less my question is, how much would I need to crank to get it up just one inch? I've read that it's hard to estimate it because everyone's truck is different, I just really don't wanna f*** anything up, as I've also read that you can do some serious damage to the truck if you crank it too much.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I'd just take the add a leaf out of the rear if you don't plan on lifting any and yes cranking can get dangerous

sent from my galaxy potatoe s5

Last edited:

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
I'm gonna lift, but it'll be later down the road. Since it's a 2WD it won't be anything crazy, maybe just an RC 2" Lift. I'd like to get a height sort of like the truck in your signature. Looks great!

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I'm on tapatalk is my signature the black gmc? And lift wise on a 2wd from my understanding spindles are the way to go

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
Really? I was unaware. I'm seeing all this stuff about cranking the torsion bars up and didn't even realize I wasn't included. Lol

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Well then that's a k2500 6 lug cranked with stock suspension on the rear with 33s and thank you. I miss that truck sometimes haha. But yeah torsion bars are for the 4wd models. 2wd's have a rake to them stock