Trying to die

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your grounding locations. I'm not sure if my logic makes sense, but maybe it was grounding through the amp instead of where it should be?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the only grounding location I know of is right next to the battery and it's clean & tight.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are ground straps from the fire wall to the frame and to the passenger cylinder head. Also another one where type neg battery cable connects to motor

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passenger side frame rail from firewall and back of cylinder head.

You must be registered for see images

Firewall under heater core hoses

Front of motor passenger side by timing cover

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my truck, that third one looks like it's connected to the positive side of the battery. And it looks like I'm missing a cover on my engine.
You must be registered for see images attach

EDIT: I think this goes there

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
You are correct that's the mechanic fuel pump hole. Also is it possible that cable in your pic is the power cable for the starter?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are correct that's the mechanic fuel pump hole. Also is it possible that cable in your pic is the power cable for the starter?
I have no clue. I thought the starter was further back on the engine. I didnt do much looking last night because the engine was still hot. I just kinda popped the hood, looked for where the pictures showed to make sure they were there, and noticed the opening and that one of the ones I was supposed to be looking for went to the positive side of the battery.