Truck runs horribly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liers

Reaction score
A few other things.

Distributor cap is zip tied because the screw holes are cracked and striped. The distributor seems tight enough, but I could be wrong. Is it possible that my timing is thrown off from the previous owner driving around with a loose cap? Any way to fix the distributor cap before I sink a ton of money in it, or should I just replace it?

I'm pretty mechanical, but I'm still learning. I think a lot of it is that right now this is one of my only means of transportation and I don't have the time or money to mess anything up. If I had another vehicle, which I should soon, I wouldn't mind tearing things apart on this to work on it.

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The screw holes in the cap itself? Just buy a new cap, they're cheap enough not to screw around. I've never seen a bad cap cause this, but I've never seen one with zip ties either.

The biggest thing with mechanics is to start with what you know. That's why I suggested the testing that I did. It could be a leaky injector spider, might be a few other thing as well. By doing the tests you'll know more about what's good and what's bad and you'll find direction that will lead to proper diagnosis and repair without spending money replacing parts that were still good.

liers

Reaction score
How do I go about testing fuel pressure.

Not sure if this matters, but I thought I'd throw it in. The truck fires right up, it doesn't usually hesitate to start.