Truck problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys my 1993 GMC started having this clicking sound in back of the glove box and my speedo was acting weird so I found a relay that was clicking and I changed it out and all was good well the next morning I took a six hour trip and half way on my trip my tach started messing up and the relay was clicking with my A/C on so I shut it off and I made it to my destination then my truck started having a bad miss and my Trans felt as if was going into a limp mode so I figured I have a bad ground so I cleaned the ground strap going from my frame to the firewall well it didn’t fix it so taking off from a red light my truck almost turn off so I drove into a manual car wash to check my battery ground and sure enough it was loose I tightened it up and all is good so I’m just sharing how a loose ground cable can mess up your truck.

Oh I forgot I found the two grounds wires that connected to the thermostat housing were completely off so I put a eye let on them and it’s good now.

Guys I’m just posting this because if it this can help even one of you it was worth me posting it and this problem I had sure did cause me trouble and being out of town it was worse.

Last edited:

eyesi

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys my 1993 GMC started having this clicking sound in back of the glove box and my speedo was acting weird so I found a relay that was clicking and I changed it out and all was good well the next morning I took a six hour trip and half way on my trip my tach started messing up and the relay was clicking with my A/C on so I shut it off and I made it to my destination then my truck started having a bad miss and my Trans felt as if was going into a limp mode so I figured I have a bad ground so I cleaned the ground strap going from my frame to the firewall well it didn’t fix it so taking off from a red light my truck almost turn off so I drove into a manual car wash to check my battery ground and sure enough it was loose I tightened it up and all is good so I’m just sharing how a loose ground cable can mess up your truck.

Oh I forgot I found the two grounds wires that connected to the thermostat housing were completely off so I put a eye let on them and it’s good now.

Guys I’m just posting this because if it this can help even one of you it was worth me posting it and this problem I had sure did cause me trouble and being out of town it was worse.

the two ground wires that connected to the thermostat housing are pcm grounds, pcm activate most actuators through ground that he eat from those 2 wires

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the two ground wires that connected to the thermostat housing are pcm grounds, pcm activate most actuators through ground that he eat from those 2 wires

Great info thanks you might want to check out my last post it can help one big times I’m calling them to order a smaller alternator pulley if priced fair.