Transmission supports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellbound

Reaction score
How critical are these? . All they really are is a pair of bars that connect to the lower bell housing support and the motor mounts. We forgot to install the mounting plate that sits between the motor mounts and the engine block...

I've never seen them on any other vehicle I've worked on. They certainlly don't hold any of the weight of the transmission, nor do they hold the lower bell housing in place. Near as I can figure, they provide possibly some rotational support maybe? Are we going to be ok leaving them out?

Thanks

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I would say you'd be alright leaving them off, but if it were me I'd put them on. I don't know if they're more for rotational as much as force moving up and down. Don't they just mount to the lower half of the bellhousing anyway? That's how I remember mine being. If that's the case it would be a 10 minute job.

Hellbound

Reaction score
forgot to install the mounting plate that sits between the motor mounts and the engine block