Transmission RPO list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you understand how to use this chart? I'm stumped. Here's a pict of my service parts ID label from the glove box of my 93 k2500, any assistance sorting this out is appreciated

EDIT: figured it out :cool:

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you understand how to use this chart? I'm stumped. Here's a pict of my service parts ID label from the glove box of my 93 k2500, any assistance sorting this out is appreciated
You must be registered for see images attach

That's a list of your RPO codes, AKA every single option installed on the truck. There's lots of resources out there for decoding them, but my favorite is CompNine. Pay these guys a little money and type in your VIN number, they'll give you detailed descriptions for each of your RPOs and other interesting info, such as how many trucks had certain options that year. I believe it's $5 for 5 VIN lookups.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be up all night looking these up, way cool :cool:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, I found this one also

http://www.jameshalderman.com/images/RPO_Codes.pdf

And I figured out I have a M30 tranny 4L60-E

One thing to be aware of... GM re-used a ton of those RPO codes for different things on different vehicles. Most of the lists and such you'll find will give you a decent idea, but that's why I recommend the CompNine lookup. They're very detailed and in my experience always have the correct descriptions for each code.

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to be aware of... GM re-used a ton of those RPO codes for different things on different vehicles. Most of the lists and such you'll find will give you a decent idea, but that's why I recommend the CompNine lookup. They're very detailed and in my experience always have the correct descriptions for each code.
After running into too many dead ends on the free look-up lists I went ahead and ran that compnine report, sure saved a lot of time, thanks. They only had one unknown code. But I haven't yet compared this report to my actual sticker, that comes next.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After running into too many dead ends on the free look-up lists I went ahead and ran that compnine report, sure saved a lot of time, thanks. They only had one unknown code. But I haven't yet compared this report to my actual sticker, that comes next.

You're welcome! Yeah I'm pretty sure their reports had an unknown code on both of my trucks as well. Don't remember what it was. I'll try and remember to dig out my paperwork and check it.

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thankfully their report matched the list of codes in the truck. My unknown was XBK which per other lists is a tire code, no biggie

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I had 1 unknown on one of mine, I forget what it was, ZQN or something, but some of those codes are just sales nonsense that really don't mean anything about the truck.