Transmission Flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
What's the easiest and fastest way to do this at home?

I do not have a air tank or anything like that just a good head and somewhat mechanical skills. I'm trying to clean out my shudder problem in my torque converter and don't want to pay a mechanic to do it for twice the price I could do it.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
shudder problem in torque converter? are you sure its not loose? i usually drain my fluid, change it to really inexpensive stuff, then drain it again and change it again.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
You can remove both tranny cooler lines from the radiator, stick them both into a 5 gallon bucket. Then get yourself a high capacity funnel stick it in the tranny dipstick tube get about 9 quarts or so ready with caps off, start the truck and start dumping. It will flow fast so get a helper to start the truck for you and don't let the funnel go dry. After the 9th quart shut the truck off. Blow out the transmission cooler with compressed air. Reattach the cooler lines, replace the transmission filter and top off the transmission.

Now the bad news, this probably wont fix your converter shutter and may actually cause more damage than good. If the transmission has never been flushed the "gunk" that gets dislodged will cause the transmission to fail due to the "gunk" clogging ports and circuits in the valve body and will cause seals to leak.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
shudder problem in torque converter? are you sure its not loose? i usually drain my fluid, change it to really inexpensive stuff, then drain it again and change it again.

What's loose?

Thanks for the help ya'll

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well I can seriously say it only does it ba at 50mph an 1500rpm in 4th.

So I read a tranny flush would make it go away but with it doing more harm then goo I don't know

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
just go get you a transflush from your local autoparts store, its a can that you put on one end of your tranny line and undo the other end and it blows all the crud out of your lines and radiator