Transmission fluid leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone dealt with transmission fluid that appears to be leaking from the center of the radiator area into the shroud and down along the front clip?

History, recently purchased 1990 K3500 7.4L in Jan '21

Previous owner stated and had receipts for replacing the radiator and hoses.

I haven't removed anything and the trans cooling lines don't appear to have a leak large enough to account for this much fluid.

Possible he damaged the trans cooler part of the radiator or I took a rock that would cause this?

Thanks for the help before I go ripping into everything making a complete mess.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He could have not tightened the lines properly, a handful of 10mm bolts, the top shroud should come right off. Then loosen the trans lines, seat the line, tighten. I've replaced two radiators with chineseium ones for couple hundred each as the factory ones just leaked coolant at the return nipple, so far so good. Plus is you can get $100+ at the scrapy yard for the brass factory cooler.

Option, disconnect factory cooler and run aux one.

Reaction score
Took Shroud top off, cleaned out the entire area and tightened cooler lines. Seems like after backing out a bit and re-torquing it wasn't much but I'll leave the skid plate off and see if leak goes away.