Trans cooler lines on 4L80e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rackii69

Reaction score
hey I have been reading this Forum for years but first post. I have 2 K2500 HD a 98 and a 2000. My problem is the 98 it was a city plow truck and in Michigan. First the brake lines rusted, then fuel lines, was then powersteering. I am as replacing my powersteeering lines today and guess what I saw, yep trans fluid On the ground. I have not had a lot of time to look but a quick glance looks to be a PITA to get out. It seems like I have to drop the exhaust. Any tips ? I know I could cut the lines and put rubber in but honestly in Michigan the lines are in bad shape. Let me know your thoughts.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you mean the all hard line I know it can be removed without taking anything off except maybe the front splash guard. I know because I just did it...

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you mean the all hard line I know it can be removed without taking anything off except maybe the front splash guard. I know because I just did it...
^^^Even in an Express van you can fish them out from underneath without taking anything other than the grille off of it.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are these trucks 7.4's or 5.7's? I'm more familiar with 5.7's but in either case you should be able to replace the lines without removing anything other than the grill.

Rackii69

Reaction score
These are the hard lines running back from the cooler to the transmission. Both trucks are L31 5.7’s the only reservation I have is the lines connectors going into the trans: I plan to do the work this weekend so hopefully I can get to them. Thanks for the reply’s