traksta15's bagged 96 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this truck about a month ago and over the last few weeks i've been slowly fixing/improving it. Specs are:

96 silverado ecsb
5.7L 350 w/172k on it
bagged with parallel 4 link (no idea what brands were used)
horrible satin black paint job that's fading so it's more charcoal/grey for the most part.

the truck was bagged by one of the original owners, not sure if it was done wrong from the get go or if someone bought it and tried to re-do it and made it worse. The front was cut out too much for the tie rods and the back was done on the cheap. A buddy of mine bought it and only had it for a few months and wanted to get rid of it so I bought it, while he had it he got it semi running and put the bed/hood back on and installed some temporary 1/2" lines to get it off the ground. Onto the pics:

Here's what it used to look like at one point:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's what it looks like now:

interior before cleaning

tearing it out:

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting it cleaned up:

old crappy mirrors:

New oem mirrors:

crappy headlights (stuck out way past the grill)

new headlights (not fully hooked up, I can't get the bulbs in the bottom lights for some reason)

Denali cluster with blue led's:

Escalade console being torn down for cleaing/dying and sueding:

I bought a new bed for it, going to re-do the bag setup and interior, fix a few things on it to make it mine and plasti dip it (just need something cheap and make it a solid color) I've beent thinking about light blue or silver, and hopefully new wheels. Any suggestions or criticism is appreciated, let me know what you guys think!!

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
small update, got the shoddy bed off and got a better look at the frame in all its horrible glory. Hopefully in the next few weeks it gets re-done by a local guy who redoes hack jobs as a side job. Also got the escalade console torn down and repainted grey (no pics of that) still trying to think of what to put in the cd changer spot (maybe a carputer or more storage, who knows.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
small update, got the shoddy bed off and got a better look at the frame in all its horrible glory. Hopefully in the next few weeks it gets re-done by a local guy who redoes hack jobs as a side job. Also got the escalade console torn down and repainted grey (no pics of that) still trying to think of what to put in the cd changer spot (maybe a carputer or more storage, who knows.

Yeah, I also have a Denali console.

Here's my plan, I'm going to actually cut that side wall off and try to make it so it's a full size compartment. Basically like the normal truck consoles, like there was never a cd changer there, make sense?

Then I'm going to cut the bottom off, grind off those stupid cd case dividers so it's smooth, and then re-attach the bottom.

Does your console have good latches for the lids (both), or the rear cupholder tray?

If it does, would you mind snapping some pics? I'm trying to restore mine, and the latches aren't there and neither is that cupholder. I'm going to try to make my own for all 3, but I want to get an idea how it came from the factory, because I want it to look stock.

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice project, looking forward to seeing it get fixed the right way though!

Thanks man, been tinkering with the interior in my spare time and doing small things here and there until it goes under the knife. Probably going to sandblast the rear drums and paint them so they're not rusted lol. Nice and cheap mod, oh and buy some lug nuts too. Every wheel is missing at least 1 lug nut. Some are locking and some arent lol.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool truck with lots of potential. It's scary what some people do when trying to bag one on the cheap. :nono:

Looking forward to the upgrades...

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's officially under the knife!! Here's some of the pics:

On its way to the shop

New bag mount vs old one

Custom!!!!

He referred to this as "shark bite" lol

Cracked frame that's getting repaired.

And yes, that's a brake line that's welded to the frame.