Trade opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lookin for some feedback on what would u do...

I got a possible chance to trade my truck
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...what do yall think u would do if it were u...

Attachments

• IMAG0127.gif
    IMAG0127.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_46840011136897.gif
    IMG_46840011136897.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And you haven't traded yet? They make trucks every day, when the burb gets old go getcha sumpin else. The only thing worse than missing the truck you used to have is missing the truck you didn't get.

Make the trade, your dog will thank you.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And you haven't traded yet? They make trucks every day, when the burb gets old go getcha sumpin else. The only thing worse than missing the truck you used to have is missing the truck you didn't get.

Make the trade, your dog will thank you.

Haha im thinkin he will 2... And u do make a good point, although my truck is 4x4/5spd... And yes they are out there, but not very common...

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I love the 73-87 body trucks and blazers... More the 73-79/80 body than the 80s just cuz the front end, but i have never been a crew cab long bed in thhat body style, or the suburban and after seein pics, im already makin plans on what i would do to the burb... is that wierd? Plus im gna be haulin my camper soon with my dog, so the burb makes more sence to have... Not sure the difference id see in fuel mileage ina tbi suburban, but with pullin the camper, and stow alot of my gear in the back and theres plenty of storage to hold all my chains, jumpercables, jack, etc... Plus i can take it up in the mts and sleep in the back under the stars and whatnot... I even checkin out different paint schemes...

One of my best buddies is tryin to talk me out of it, sayin i just got my truck running, im in a very tight spot right now where i lost my job, my house, blew the engine in my truck, financing a camper to fix up and live in, staying with a buddy till i do fix it up, living off unemployment right now, trying to stay above water right now, sinking a few hundred i didnt have to fix my truck, and now its running good, so why throw all of that away on another "project" that ull sink ur money into that u cant afford...

He makes a valid point... But i cant stop thinking about going ahead and trading, and i know i will always regret not finishing my plans for my truck if i get rid of it... So what do yall think u would do if it were u...

From your description of your personal situation, you need to stop thinking about "projects" until you get your life back on the rails.

Pick whichever one is the most reliable (IE: will not cost you money) and then fix your life.

You're talking about "luxuries" when you don't have the basics (ie: food, shelter, stable income, etc).

This is going to sound harsh, but I mean it in the most helpful way possible:

Your priorities are F'd up.

You're living with your buddy and thinking about paint jobs for a truck you don't even own. You need to put that sh!te aside.

Shake your head man....life is serious business full of serious choices. You're not even looking at the right questions.

Your buddy is making more than a "valid point".....he's abso-f'n-lutely right.

That was kinda "tough love" stuff, but I think it needed to be said.

That Sub' looks to be further down the path you don't want to be on right now, you need to make a serious course change. That truck is not it. If that age is right in your profile, you're still young, There's still time to move in the direction that will lead to a good life. Education, trades training, relocating,etc.

Whatever it takes.

:)

Last edited:

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From your description of your personal situation, you need to stop thinking about "projects" until you get your life back on the rails.

Pick whichever one is the most reliable (IE: will not cost you money) and then fix your life.

You're talking about "luxuries" when you don't have the basics (ie: food, shelter, stable income, etc).

This is going to sound harsh, but I mean it in the most helpful way possible:

Your priorities are F'd up.

You're living with your buddy and thinking about paint jobs for a truck you don't even own. You need to put that sh!te aside.

Shake your head man....life is serious business full of serious choices. You're not even looking at the right questions.

Your buddy is making more than a "valid point".....he's abso-f'n-lutely right.

:)

Touche sir... Very well played

I might add tho, i was more or less describing doin the paint, all the extra stuff, thats all just wants and maybes no where near values to me... Yes i am in a pretty f'd up situation now, but i do have a set plan im working for... I moved here for the ol lady, nvr liked it here, we split, so no im goin back to texas which is home for me... Im stayin with a buddy to cut my bills all down to nothing, im buyin a camper from a local fer 1k on payments, going to fix it up, and once sprong thaws out the passes, im gone... Once in tx, start working, building my credit back up, buyin some land, and building a house... This guy learned the lesson of a bad woman, and it cost him alot... One mistake that wont be repeated

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ I agree 100%

You know your current truck drives and runs fine. So dont take a chance on getting into one that doesn't.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Touche sir... Very well played

I might add tho, i was more or less describing doin the paint, all the extra stuff, thats all just wants and maybes no where near values to me... Yes i am in a pretty f'd up situation now, but i do have a set plan im working for... I moved here for the ol lady, nvr liked it here, we split, so no im goin back to texas which is home for me... Im stayin with a buddy to cut my bills all down to nothing, im buyin a camper from a local fer 1k on payments, going to fix it up, and once sprong thaws out the passes, im gone... Once in tx, start working, building my credit back up, buyin some land, and building a house... This guy learned the lesson of a bad woman, and it cost him alot... One mistake that wont be repeated

Well that's a little different scenario than what was originally laid out for us, but would still advice you to stop thinking about project vehicles until you get on more stable footing.

There will always be another project out there waiting.

Stick with what will get you back on your feet ASAP.

That galdarned "woman trap" thing will tear a man down every time....i never know if I'm blessed or damned!

:rofl:

Last edited:

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that's a little different scenario than what was originally laid out for us,

Well it didnt dawn on me till u had pointed it out that my first description kinda made me sound like an "obamadweller" where as, its rather the contrary... But i do agree on the burb, the whole thing behind this was i considering it, but hadnt commited and needed something to help me make up my mind one way or the other

And ur right, im 25, time to get my head out my ass, and stick to what will make my 5yr plan happen