Tow Hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Looking at my truck a while back, I noticed the tow hooks are bent. I can't use the hooks with the valence on and I don't want to take it off. How should I go about bending them back, or is it even worth it? Is the metal weaker having being bent and will I make I worse by bending them back?

Bigfoot

Zombie Response Team
Reaction score
If you plan on pulling any with them, get new ones. I have seen them snap when heated and bent back.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I don't plan on doing much with them. :imo: every vehicle should have them just in case lol...

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
be less of a hassle jus to pull some off a junkyard truck that are good, they cant be that expensive, if you want to bend those back you will have to heat em which may make em weaker :shrug:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think for now I will run no valence and find some from a junkyard...

Bigfoot

Zombie Response Team
Reaction score
Well if just for looks then bend away, you would have to get them pretty hot. But all my buddies with trail rigs have bent them pulling others out of the mud and a couple of them snapped ones they reshaped.

They don't look bad from the pics you posted, adds character! lol

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
be less of a hassle jus to pull some off a junkyard truck that are good, they cant be that expensive, if you want to bend those back you will have to heat em which may make em weaker :shrug:

:word:

This is your best bet. Don't go bending them- that is some seriously thick metal and that would really weaken it.