To sell or not to sell...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghosterbuck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys, the motor in my 97 z71 went last week... Intake gaskets, head gaskets, bearings... So I'm pondering selling my lift to fund a rebuild. If I do, what's a fair price? It's a full drop kit. I'm. On 285/75r16's so I should clear without it. Thoughts? Offers?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
What kit is it? You say full drop so in gonna assume cepek but could be wrong and hope so if you bought that for some 285s.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Take pics of it. I'll give you $300 if you bring it to me!!! Or you could ship it to me :)

ghosterbuck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a superlift suspension lift. The older rough country lift were very similar to the superlift but I dont belive they came iwth the extended brake line and the steering center link 'braces' were smaller heim joints vs the bushing type on the superlift.

I think I paid around $1500 Canadian for my lift new a few years ago. I recently sold the complete front suspension from my 92 (lift kit, control arms, torsion bars, x-member, spindles, hubs) with no shocks, extended brake lines, or rear blocks for $600 and it sold within a week or two of listing it.

You should clear the 285's you have now no problem stock, depending on the rims you have. Though if you ever plan on running larger tires again I would really keep the lift. Another thing is you will have some work to go back to stock as you cut the drierside front diff mount off your frame and will also need the stock steering centerlink as well.

ghosterbuck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks dirt ridin z. Answer both questions. Sell and what is it. Guess ill scrape up the cash for a rebuild. Rock auto has a kit for under $500. It only needs to last about 6 months till I can build a stroker.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey thanks dirt ridin z. Answer both questions. Sell and what is it. Guess ill scrape up the cash for a rebuild. Rock auto has a kit for under $500. It only needs to last about 6 months till I can build a stroker.

No problem. Don't forget that if you do remove the lift to sell you will need new shocks and rear u bolts.

If just looking for a temp engine you should be able find a decent used one for 200-300 dollars.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yeah, if you're gonna build a stroker in 6 months, get a junk yard motor. We sell running Vortec's all day long for $300.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I am pretty sure super lift's cut off the lower control arm mounts don't they?