to demold or not demold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Do it!!!! because I said so, thats reason enough, but seriously if you don't like it, 3M makes that tape/glue to put it back on.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Use the pinstripe tape they sell at nearly every auto parts store if you want a colored line to break the two tone. Just a suggestion.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
aight i think i will do it. i'll prolly wait till its a bit warmer out tho.

whats the best method to remove the molding??? i was thinking just a heat gun and peal the molding off, then use my eraser wheel to take off the glue.

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
Heat the glue up behind the molding. Take some fishing line, guitar string, or something similar and slide it back and forth behind the molding to cut through the glue. Then use an eraser wheel or some goo gone to get the excess residue off.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont use the guitar string, using it in the wrong way can scratch the paint.

Strangely, I had fun using the eraser wheel. it is the most stress free way, and it goes faster.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont use the guitar string, using it in the wrong way can scratch the paint.

Strangely, I had fun using the eraser wheel. it is the most stress free way, and it goes faster.

ya i've seen stuff done w/ fishing wire so i was gunna do that. also guitar wire is metal so def wasnt gunna risk scratching.

haha ya. i used the eraser wheel b4 on my old blazer. it had faded red (aka pink) and green stripes down the side that i wanted to get rid of. my uncle who owns a body shop recommended me the eraser wheel and it worked wonders. its pretty easy and quick altho i have seen it used the wrong way and it will burn thru paint if your not careful

350Vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled mine, I like it alot. But keep in mind. If your paint is bubbling up in areas around the moulding. It WILL WITH NO DOUBT pull those spots completely off. The aftermath of my passenger side was horrible. Drivers side was fine though. I have two holes of rust in my Pass side rear fender from when i removed the moulding. Just a warning is all.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha whats with these pass. side rear doors the inside of mine is bubbling similar to what ur saying 350vortec