Tire/Lift Combination Question

285/70/17's fit with 2 inch blocks and a T-Bar crank?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
x1000000000
you can crank to the bump stops with stock keys, or you need new torsion bars. 33" tall tires will fit with minor crank but may rub a little at full crank, wheel spacers fix this.

Nope. Even wheeling I never rubbed on my 33/12.5's and it was only cranked to level with no blocks at all

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
weird, my 285's rubbed the LCA at full crank, I have H2 rims which are stock backspacing. Could have been my tires, I had toyo m/ts with the big sidewall lugs.

Nice truck too, Looks better all blacked out I think.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
if any one wants to know if you can fit 35's on the stock suspension with a full crank, You can but your turning radius will be that of a semie Truck! the tires rub on my bumper if I turn to hard, luckly the 6inch lift goes on on the 16th!
You must be registered for see images attach
Im not going to lie though, im really surprised at what you can fit on these trucks with the stock susension! and also I have the toyo mt tires as well snd I believe they run a little larger than normal.

Last edited:

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
if any one wants to know if you can fit 35's on the stock suspension with a full crank, You can but your turning radius will be that of a semie Truck! the tires rub on my bumper if I turn to hard, luckly the 6inch lift goes on on the 16th!
You must be registered for see images attach
Im not going to lie though, im really surprised at what you can fit on these trucks with the stock susension! and also I have the toyo mt tires as well snd I believe they run a little larger than normal.

Wow, thats pretty tight. It looks like if you flexed too much the rears would smash right into the fender, or is there room there yet? looks good with the 35's

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Wow, thats pretty tight. It looks like if you flexed too much the rears would smash right into the fender, or is there room there yet? looks good with the 35's
theres a little room, but if any one else choose to run this set up with out a suspension lift, I would recomend a 3inch Body lift, with maybe some blocks in the back because if you run it like i have it now and you flexed it bad it would rub on the fenders. Thats why im anxious to put my suspension lift on lol

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
theres a little room, but if any one else choose to run this set up with out a suspension lift, I would recomend a 3inch Body lift, with maybe some blocks in the back because if you run it like i have it now and you flexed it bad it would rub on the fenders. Thats why im anxious to put my suspension lift on lol

What gears do you have in your truck with those 35's and how is the performance JParker?

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
What gears do you have in your truck with those 35's and how is the performance JParker?
its the stock 3.73's I think, and the performance actually dosnt seem to be to bad as compared to the 17's and 265's I had on it, although I will be geting a regear, and Blackbear tune soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMACGMC