Timing HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjk1500

Reaction score
O I see. I thought it could only do that If the plugs were backwards... I understand. how much are the timing lights?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
timing lights are about $20 for a cheap one, hooks on #1 wire and you need to have the timing wire disconnected(single wire brown/white tracer under glove box) with engine running set timing to 0 and tighten up, then shut off and plug wire back in and should be set to go

kjk1500

Reaction score
Ok and then If my wirers are in the wrong places I put them in the correct firing order.

kjk1500

Reaction score
I do have the wires on the distributure and plugs right, I think its the timing for sure

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
If your sure you have it in the right cylinder as well. When you timing is off, it will usually pop and backfire a lot. Does yours do that? Have you checked to make sure it is actually getting spark?

kjk1500

Reaction score
Mine is smoking from the ground wire on the back of the motor. Its trying to start but it wont start and sounds really slugush