Thinking about dual color LED headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaysBlue98

Reaction score
Has anyone tried, or is using two color LED's in place of the low beams?
As opposed to mounting fog lights on their truck?
My morning commute in the winter frequently has really bad visibility, and this seems like a decent mod if it works.
Let me know if this is a crap idea. TIA

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
since retro fitting Led headlights is not street legal and there are clear regulations that state that the only color of headlight has to be within a certain spectrum and meet the measurements.... white light. doing anything else will absolutely get you pulled over.

the laws basically state that a vehicle has to be equipped with the headlights that the vehicle was manufactured with. this does not include the wiring. do the 4 high and low mods, put whatever halogens in that you want. I use cheap ones. replace yellow faded composite lenses with new DOT approved lenses. I have glass lenses. and then do a proper headlight alignment.

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
LEDs in these trucks won’t blind others if they’re aimed correctly. Many people just drop them in and call it good. I’ve stared directly at them where a car would sit and I’ve even driven someone else’s car to see if they are blinding and I wasn’t blinded by them. I’m sure there will be others who disagree, but I’ve never been flashed or pulled over for it. I will always recommend the Auxbeam S1 bulbs. Never get LED headlight bulbs that are 4 sided, those are actually blinding.

One thing to think about when running LEDs in the winter is they run cool, so they will not melt any frost, snow, or ice.

Do you have a link for these dual color LEDs? That would be a nice idea to have that function especially if it were foggy out. You might want to check your headlight color laws first before you spend the money on them.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yellow low beams were mandated by France (and possibly other European countries) back in the 70's and 80's. Running them won't hurt anything, as long as you are able to see. In my experience LED bulbs don't throw visible light as far as other types, and yellow light doesn't travel as far as white. @thegawd has a valid point about the legality of running them, but that's not a concern where I live. I have LED bulbs in every vehicle I own.