Things that you've replaced that made a world of differance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm right there with @skylark, I replaced a cheatin' crack-ho wife with a down to earth-level headed wife. The difference is more than amazing! :biggrin:

On the GMT side, just about every time I buy a list of parts, then leave them sitting in the shop for months. When I finally put them on I can't believe I suffered with the worn out parts for so long!

Last edited:

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Door seals.
Window seals.
Starter Motor.
Motor.
Transmission.
Rear axle.
Front suspension
Rear bushings and sulastic shackles !!!
Battery cables (3o)
Ground cables #2
Turbo
Injection pump
Injectors
Headlights

Hell everything but the frame and body panels

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1.) 0411 PCM
2.)Marine Intake
3.)Thorley Tri-Ys
4.)Hydroboost swap
5.)4L85E swap
6.)Full 1-ton swap including 10.5" rear end
7.)Comp Custom Grind cam
8.)Aluminum heads
9.)AD244 200a alternator

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a tough call....
I'm gonna say the most pleasant surprise was going from the 1/3 springs to 1/4 springs. I was afraid My 96 K1500 was gonna ride like the proverbial boxcar, but instead it rides great, if anything it improved the ride, and with a load on it improved the handling significantly.

I've got the same set in the shop ready to put on my 97 K1500........

Chris Lee

Reaction score
Best upgrades for me were

- AD244 upgrade from CS130, I never ever had 13v at idle before the upgrade. Now with lights all on and fan on high I still have 13v
- XJ steering upgrade (replace rag joint) the steering is no nice and responsive now.
- reprogramming my 94 gm 6.5 ecm. Being able to adjust glow plug times and idle rpm vs ct has really made the truck start alot nicer in the winter

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
I think since my truck was in pretty good, low mileage condition to begin with, nothing has made all that much of a difference. I was hoping new plugs and injectors (5.0s) would give me a noticeable performance bump...but I didn't notice much difference, aside from fixing my warm-engine hard start issue.

So, I'm going to go with replacing the power steering speed sensor, as lame as that might be. But the truck went from kind of damn scary every time I hit a bump or the road turned at while at highway speeds, to quite manageable for a big old sloppy beast.

What I really want is a Black Bear tune to wake up the old 454!

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kind of a tie between the cap/rotor/coil replacement and the new exterior lights ... both jobs made a HUGE difference in the truck.

I just love this old beast ... ;-)