The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back with you guys sooner on this.

Yes, it's mounted in the same location as the cassette deck with little modification. It is from another GM so it's "factory", it just wasn't available in our trucks. :)

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd....

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't have pics of it mounted in a GMT-400 because I don't HAVE a GMT-400 YET. I did however borrow the dash of a truck at the yard where I found this unit and it fit with very MINOR modification. :)

Oooooh...I get it now. So this...

Stupid question, but am I the only person with a FACTORY 1988-94 CD player?

...doesn't mean you have an '88-'94 that came with a CD player, but that you want to put a factory CD player from some other GM vehicle into an '88-'94.

In that case, yes, I'm sure you'll probably be the only one.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
You are awesome!!!! I will look up under the dash between school and hunting (open day of turkey season) today. Thanks, you went way further than I expected.

Your awesome & I'm not! Your information was great but I may be missing the door motor? I looked under the dash and found plastic duct, no plugs. The picture is crappy but I think something is suppose to be on these post's?
The other pic (white plate with screw hole) is above the gas pedal mount, any clues what should be there?
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Do you have anything on the dash illumination circuit for '95 and up? (96 specifically)

For the burb? And what parts of the dash exactly? Cluster, HVAC, Radio?

Your awesome & I'm not! Your information was great but I may be missing the door motor? I looked under the dash and found plastic duct, no plugs. The picture is crappy but I think something is suppose to be on these post's?
The other pic (white plate with screw hole) is above the gas pedal mount, any clues what should be there?
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Im gonna say the actuator is missing.

White plate looks like the mounting location for the tuner part of the OEM radio. Cant remember exactly if its right above the pedal or just to the right of the pedal.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I'm going junk yard shopping I guess! The plate would make sense, I just got the CD player installed.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
When I install in those I will just leave it in there. I just unplug the power/speaker plugs and antenna.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
A 96 pickup. cluster HVAC and radio

Radio

HVAC

Cluster

P R N D 2 L

Fuel Gauge

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Pulled a mode door motor from the junkyard yesterday. Installed last night, all vent controls working properly! Thanks again.