The New Frontier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know why I'm sharing this here, but I just found it funny.
You must be registered for see images attach

They just hired a guy to replace me, and he drives this.

Seriously, I'd think they would be a metric bolt pattern, not 5x4.75.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, we got this shady used car dealer that we paint a lot of these GMT900 trucks for. They usually fix the rust themselves, then we paint everything but the roof for them.

They really outdid themselves this time.

For reference, here is a bedside I did recently (just flat sheet metal, no cheater panel).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a confession to make in regards to my truck.

Well the fuel pump was weak, and I wanted to replace it before this trip. The problem was that I had a full tank of gas in the damn thing, so I replaced the pump the hack way.

At least the rubber mat goes over it, also I did spend $288 for a genuine AC Delco replacement.

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you know the pump was weak? Did you check fuel trims? Any difference in drivability now?
I love that color of blue. Reminds me of my Yukon which was the same color, except two-tone with a lighter ice-blue under the body line.
Your paint is in much, much better shape however. Beautiful truck.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its gonna be a better experience towing the car on a trailer. I brought a 2500 Suburban back from southern Jersey to Rochester a couple years ago. Would never have attempted towing that with a dolly behind my '00 Yukon Denali. In OD on highways, in 3rd through the hills of PA, never worried about tranny temperature because the Denali has the OE external cooler. Your Burban'll be fine. Just take your time, dont go max speed, and manually downshift to climb hills.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did you know the pump was weak? Did you check fuel trims? Any difference in drivability now?
I love that color of blue. Reminds me of my Yukon which was the same color, except two-tone with a lighter ice-blue under the body line.
Your paint is in much, much better shape however. Beautiful truck.
To be honest, it was just speculation, as it would sometimes take a few tries to get it started, but that was only during the winter.

I don't really see any difference with how it runs right now, but I'll say that the new pump is much quieter.

Thanks by the way, the truck isn't as nice as it looks underneath that fresh scuff and shoot paint job, but for Illinois it's pretty solid.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I'm almost ready to go.

I went with the full trailer and not the dolley.

This is going to be a journey to remember.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Should tow better with the trailer. Good luck and safe travels! If you have time, you might keep a road journal of your trip; I'm sure you'll have lots of stories to tell.