The Hulk passed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Incredible Hulk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
300,000 miles.... 302XXX now Bad news my 16 has 19,820 and has the dreaded lifter failure...
Dropped it off this morning and the dealer called and said they hope to have it back to me by the end of next week.....

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 2016?

What’s the issue with the lifters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible Hulk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AFM lifter or Lifters have done something bad
Friday I did the remote start and the closer I got the more noise it was making... sounds like the torque converter coming apart.. but they confirmed lifters is the problem

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sucks I thought they had the lifter issues straightened out by the 12-13 year models. Haven't heard of that being a problem with the k2xx trucks.

Incredible Hulk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me too.... the shop manager came out to listen to it.. went back and brought a mechanic back and they just looked at each other... they said they just fixed one that sounded the same but didn't want to tell me what that problem was..
I told them I'm a big boy tell me.. said if it was the same problem would be a 3 day fix

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
The lifters are still problematic and always will be. So GM's answer is to put collapsible lifters in all of the cylinders for 2019. Geniuses I tell you...