The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
heated and power seats are easy just hook up to 12v and do a little more wiring, you r best bet is to pick up a whole esacalade if you plan on that so you can have the harness and all that. the dash swap has been done theres a whole thread on it here somewhere.

sniper7202

Reaction score
What harness do I need just the one under the dash that controls everything on the dash. I also keep hearing how bad the heat and air controls are to change years on, how bad is it

Ben

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If its the same body style (GMT400), it all will change over and bolt right up. You may have to drill a couple holes to mount the seats and console, but the dash pretty much bolts in. Look up dash swap threads to get your wiring right. All the heated and power seats need is a hot lead and a ground-pretty easy-and theres most likely a open location in the fuse panel for that circuit already.

EDIT:If you steal the heat/A/C controls from a 95, it bolts right up in the stock location and runs the older style system.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres my center console in my 1997 k1500. The console is out of a 2000 Yukon Denali. Under the console sits my amp for my subs, and an inverter to run two 120v outlets on the rear of the console. And a LOT of wiring. The console started out tan and we painted it.
Here is my amp and some of the wiring.
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't mind the ripped seat cover..

We had to make an inverter custom fit, so we cut all wiring running to the faceplate and extended it. The inverter itself sits under the console.

Custom made front cover.. lol just a sheet of wood to keep wires out of it.

Anybody got any ideas as to what to use those rear heated seat switches for?

I still have to get a plate to fill the void around the faceplate but other than that its done. Both outlets work, the usb works, and the on/off switch works.

Let me know what I could use those two switches for in the rear of the console!

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
eh itll work for a little. put a switch for like heated seats, or subs or wire in a killswitch?

The subs have a switch on the dash next to my radio. No heated seats, I wish! Im thinking something more interior wise in the backseat but I don't know. Might just leave them for now and do nothing with them until I have a really good idea.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
didnt the escalade have heated and power leather?

fog light, flood lights, flamethrowers, 2lo mod? idk just throwing out ideas

got it rear led foot lights

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DUDE!!!! You don't know this but you took out the best part in that console the BOSE sub .
you can use this sub and a plus you have a pickup the bass from this little wonder will fill your cab up really good NOW for the tech info on it
this sub is 1.4 ohms so you will need a 1 ohm STABLE class d amp what i use for mine is the mtx th350-1d it's 350 rms @1 ohm sinse theres no
power rating on this sub this amp has plenty of power for this sub (so less )risk of blowing it.

I took out my cerwin vegas 12's ,2 kenwood 500 rms x 1 amps after putting this console in and using the sub now i have more room in the
cargo plus less wieght from the sub box less stress if i leave my yukon parked some where even with the good alarm i have on it . I had got
another console and took the sub out and got it in my work van with the same amp and it's all good amazing the bass that comes out of this
little sub. NOTE! this sub is not made to be heard blocks away it's just to fill the interior with bass but with the doors open and maby 30'
you can hear the bass outside too.